Frankfurt International Airport ranks first among the world’s healthiest airports. Netflights research has analyzed 25 of the world’s busiest airports to see what’s best to improve the health and happiness of passengers.
This comparative website has analyzed the quality of the transportation facility, including leisure facilities such as spa or gymnasiums, spaces for meditation or simply quiet areas away from crowds, yoga classes or classes, green or outdoor space specially arranged for prayer, massage parlors or treadmills.
Each airport received a “wellness score” of 23. Still, with an open-air terrace on the roof, chairs and a quiet room, the Frankfurt airport received the highest score.
This airport is a very important center of air transport and also includes prayer rooms, yoga spaces, a spa offering a wide range of treatments.
The second is Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport, being the most busy in the world, and the third is Dubai International Airport.
25 airports in the world were surveyed, of which 17 offer spa facilities with various treatments, while another 13 offer massage services. 9 of them practice yoga and meditation rooms, along with areas for prayer or relaxation.
London Gatwick Airport was the only UK airport on the list, but the results were disappointing. He has earned just one point for the prayer room, Britain’s second busiest airport has scored zero points in all the other categories.
Nowadays, airports have become much more than just the place where you go to board the plane for a flight. It is a complex place, where you can eat, can maintain a healthy life, you can do your favorite activities.
Here’s what is the top 10 healthiest airports in the world, according to Netflights:
1. Frankfurt Airport (FRA), Frankfurt
2. Schiphol Airport (AMS), Amsterdam
3. Dubai International Airport (DXB), Dubai
4. Changi Airport (SIN), Singapore
5. Hong Kong International Airport (HKG), Hong Kong
6. Vancouver International Airport (YVR), Vancouver
7. John F. Kennedy International Airport. (JFK), New York
8. Haneda Airport (HND), Tokyo
9. San Francisco International Airport (SFO), San Francisco
10. Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ), Toronto